User Knowledge Product Support Specialist
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
About the Team
Trust is the foundation of our global community, and we want the interactions between our hosts and guests to embody our community values. But no global movement springs from any one individual - it takes an entire team united behind something big.
In the Product Support Job Family, you will provide subject matter expertise and analytical skills to connect operations and product initiatives specific to your Specialization. Your scope within the role is outlined below.
As the User Knowledge Product Support Specialist, you will help to bridge the gap between your Specialization and Product teams and work to improve alignment and communication between the two. You represent and advocate for your respective Operational roadmap & agenda to help inform and prepare for Product initiatives. You communicate the impact of Product changes & launches to your Operations teams.
The ideal candidate enjoys sourcing solutions to hard problems and driving for resolutions, getting into the nitty gritty details of a project while also being able to manage against the big picture, and building new relationships.
- Maintain Subject Matter Expertise of your respective Specialization to take on operational core work or escalations when necessary.
- Work with third-parties to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships relevant to your respective Specialization.
- Liaise with Product Teams to improve and inform ticket and queue routing and prioritization for your respective Specialization.
- Ensure product-related bugs relevant to your Specialization are vetted, reported, and prioritized for resolution by the Product team.
- Manages the Bug Buddy Program in conjunction with the Trust Program Manager; in addition to working with feedback from the Tools Support Specialists.
- Build relationships with Product Managers supporting your Specialization and act as their go-to SME Operational insight.
- Assist in monitoring precision and recall for proactive models and rules.
- Incubate, operationalize & streamline Product launches relevant to your Specialization.
- Understand how Product changes/launches will impact the end-user experience and ensure that these insights are communicated and considered.
- Conduct impact analyses to assess impact and success of Product changes.
- Identify market trends and product vulnerabilities. Create data-backed recommendations to respond to trends and to reduce vulnerabilities, then work with cross-functional groups to ensure these recommendations are executed.
- Work with Project and Program managers within your Specialization to ensure that Product initiatives are submitted to Change Management.
This role requires building and maintaining relationships with the following stakeholders, outside your Reporting line:
- Operations Manager, Product Managers
- Product, Trust Tools, PMO, OCM, EPIC, SUP, as potential Cross-functional Areas of Focus*
*Cross-functional areas of focus formalize the subject matter expertise and points of contact needed for non-Ops supporting teams—to streamline communication, monitor business and tools, and to increase the capacity to which we make and push changes.
Technical Skill Requirements
- Trained in SQL (Superset or PrestoDB)
- Project management methodologies to assist in supporting your team’s roadmap
- Well developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities as we grow fast and changes come up frequently.
- High level of functional knowledge of the Atlassian software family: Jira & Jira Service Desk
- 1+ years of experience in your Specialization as a subject matter expert (SME)
- Proficiency in SQL and data visualization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, ability to organize and work independently with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong investigative ability, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to detect vulnerabilities in existing and new products or features.
- Desire to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Ability to multitask, learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to remain calm in time sensitive situations; able to prioritize and respond to cross-functional team needs.
- Ability to analyze data for patterns and detail oriented: you do your due diligence when completing an investigation.
- You may have 6+ years experience or 2 years experience plus relevant education that provides similar experience.
Back to top