Airbnb’s mission is to enable anyone to belong anywhere. We want people to feel at home, in a welcoming community, whenever they’re away from their actual home. We strive for a similar approach throughout our offices as well. A majority of our meeting rooms are modeled after actual Airbnb listings from around the world giving each one a unique, individualized, yet homey feel.
The use of collaboration system across Airbnb has been exploding and the expectation for reliable and easy-to-use systems on our laptops, mobile devices and in our meeting rooms is upon us. Airbnb is embarking on a global company-wide deployment of a new enterprise-class Unified Communication (UC) solutions.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical depth in voice technologies, having worked in the industry for over a decade, and able to demonstrate sustained success with design & deployment of voice technologies plus influencing future directions.
- Develop technology designs for a robust UC solution (Video, voice, collaboration & presence) that will bolster communication and immersiveness within a high-growth global company, including the integration of laptops, mobile devices, meeting and board rooms.
- Develop the voice network design for a global contact center with internal agents and external partners where resiliency and uptime are paramount.
- Drive a standards based design methodology across the infrastructure delivering solid, robust & resilient documented designs following best practices, addressing disaster recover, full test compliance cycles and ensure all as-build deployments meet design specs
- Create and deliver technical designs, evaluate new products, features & technologies to increase service levels and reduce costs plus produce comprehensive analysis and recommendations!
- Drive an embedded and pervasive security model into all aspects of voice infrastructure, interconnects, partners and voice delivery!
- Influence & understand future roadmap planning to drive technology direction, product enhancements and service improvements year over year!
- Perform & maintain Tier 3 escalation support function to support operational organization during complex high impactful outages related to broad solution issues, chronic recurring problems or vendor product bugs and function in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Vendor Management - understand product manufacturers & service provides used in enterprise solution, understanding product capability & placement, influence QBR content/direction and influence service & product roadmap & capabilities direction!
- Deliver quality detailed documentation through the entire project delivery life-cycle and lead by example producing best in class design, deployment & operational documentation to cover all aspects of infrastructure systems from architectures, topologies, support models, maintenance, troubleshooting runbooks, deployment, disaster recovery, technotes, and testing, etc.
- Automation - incorporate simple & scalable approaches to new technology solutions using automation to enable the organization to easily deploy & operate new features, capabilities & functionality!
- Shift Left - Bring Operations along on the journey by training, educating & enabling them to efficiently & effectively support new technologies, products and services as the team develop & deploy new solutions into the production environment!
- Be a Mentor & Coach to Engineers in the team, guide & teach our Engineering talent pool through design, deployment & operational work and help them learn on the job, through feedback & best practices so they grow into the next generation of technical experts & leaders
- Capacity Management - drive development of capacity planning model & tools including driving decisions around future SIP provider upgrade plans and contract negotiations
- 10 years combined networking, telephony, SIP/RTP, video, unified communications & collaboration experience, the latter as an engineering team lead.
- Proven delivery of global Voice Network solutions for Contact Center with internal and external endpoints
- In-depth experience of Cisco VoIP Infrastructure systems, Call Manager, Unity Connection, UCCE, UCCX, VCS, Jabber, Collaboration Edge and Presence Service, Cisco Unified Border Element
- Expert knowledge of SIP & RTP protocols, managing SIP services and experienced with deployment of Cisco voice gateways (SIP, H.323)
- Understanding of globalized +E.164 dial plans
- Experience supporting a multi-lingual global contact center environment and integrated voice solutions with Genesys
- Experience with Cisco Video infrastructure systems. (VCS, TMS, TCS, TPS)
- Experience with current Cisco Prime Collaboration suite for management
- Experience with Cisco route/switch, Palo Alto firewalling, Cisco/VMware Data Center products
- Hands On experience with Kamailio/Freeswitch, freeswitch and SBC’s strongly desired
- Cisco certification of two or more of the following: CCVP, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE
- On-call rotation and occasional domestic & international travel will be necessary..
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Commuter Subsidies
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top