Trust & Safety Partner Lead
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Role & Responsibilities
A Trust and Safety Partner Lead has an intimate knowledge of Trust and Safety Operations. They have the skills and experience to develop vendor partner strategy and vision that pushes our collective operation forward. They have previously built vendor partner teams at multiple sites. They have a natural ability to lead projects, teach core functional knowledge, and execute a strategic vision. They will continually strive to raise the bar, support their operation’s vision, mission, and values, and seek to build a robust and scalable infrastructure for vendor management within Trust and Safety.
Basic Responsibilities for the Position:
- You will develop strategy and vision for Trust and Safety (TnS) Vendor Partner Operations.
- You will build teams at multiple Vendor sites throughout your region, and work closely with other Vendor Partner Leads globally.
- You are the TnS Vendor Point of Contact (POC) for all vendor partner managers and CX Partner Leadership in your region.
- You are the the go-to person for all internal Airbnb inquiries, updates, requests and requirements for TnS vendor partner operations in your region.
- You regularly check-in with your vendor partner team throughout the day, holding meetings and office hours when appropriate, and identify performance or personal issues which may need TnS Lead/OM attention.
- You work cross functionally to coordinate and facilitate the on-boarding/off-boarding, continued learning, and performance of vendor teams in your region.
- You partner with the TnS and CX Quality team members in your region by surfacing high-level QA reports and helping your vendor teams calibrate performance, coach to identify pain points, and act as a subject-matter resource for Partner Leads as necessary.
- You work with TnS and CX Business Analysts to assess and forecast vendor growth needs.
- You centralize and document vendor partner site administration needs, including but not limited to:
- on and off boarding documentation
- IT ticket submission and tracking;
- IT Tracker completion, etc.
- You support your site by supporting communication channels between internal and external teams, ensuring your vendor teams feel a sense of belonging within Airbnb.
- You collate and distribute Airbnb internal communication, such as news, product updates, system maintenance, outages, promotions/marketing, etc, to your vendor teams as needed.
- You facilitate visitors and on site experiences for Airbnb staff who want to visit the site.
- You audit escalation channels to ensure that they are robust, regularly updated and adhered to by the vendor teams in your regions.
- Working with TnS Leads/OMs and other TnS Partner Leads, you define vendor partner productivity and quality metrics expectations and ensure your vendor teams meet these expectations.
- In collaboration with ops and legal, build framework and quality guardrails to ensure for maximum vendor efficiency while ensuring for user privacy and data/loss controls.
- Document and advocate for internal tool and content development for our vendors, demonstrating operational impact and financial cost (or benefit) of requested improvements.
- 8+ years of relevant vendor management experience
- Call center operations experience strongly preferred
- Natural ability to bring people together and inspire collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to improve inefficient processes wherever possible, bringing these issues to the attention of your manager and team as necessary.
- Proven ability to bring people together and get them to work as a team, providing inspiration and motivation on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated comfort level with basic project management methodologies and best practices
- Travel up to 50% including international travel
Back to top