Trust and Safety Project & Vendor Manager, India
No global movement springs from individuals -- it takes an entire team united behind something big. Together we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, we use hundreds of Post-Its a week, and we give the best high-fives in town.
We are changing the way people experience the world, and are searching for a Project & Vendor Manager that wants to help us do so safely in emerging markets like India. This person will plan, scope, and execute on safety projects and manage vendor relationships in India. The role will work with global Trust and Safety leadership, Local Operations teams, policy makers, and third-party vendors to develop verification and safety strategy and implement solutions.
This person has knowledge of the intricacies of personal identification in India and understands the challenges associated with verifying Indian nationals through various background check methods. The ideal candidate has experience managing third-party vendors to include defining and upholding SLAs, quality targets, and productivity goals. The ideal candidate has a mix of technical and operational experience, as this Project & Vendor Manager will need to assess the impact of experimental verification techniques by manipulating disparate data to arrive at accurate decisions quickly and consistently. Top candidates thrive in a fast-pace environment in which data-drive decision making is key, and ideas go from concept to execution in days, not months.
- Work with Trust and Safety and India local operations teams to help define, scope, and execute initiatives to support both local and global objectives
- Manage service vendor relationships; set SLAs, productivity, and quality targets; Conduct routine audits to ensure compliance
- Coordinate with Legal and Policy teams to develop creative, market-specific solutions related to building a safe and trusted platform
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications plan; effectively manage change by influencing and communicating with key cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to various cross-functional stakeholders
- Drive execution of strategic verification and identity-related initiatives
- Quantify expected operational gains and effectively prioritize proposals
- Bachelors Degree required with 7+ years total work experience
- Vendor Management experience highly desired; Experience with security / verification / identity vendors preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in the capacity of project management.
- Well developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Blend of quantitative analysis expertise with qualitative rational
- Multi-tasking capabilities as we grow fast and changes come up frequently
- Experience with SQL is preferred
- Knowledge of the product we offer and a passion for growing Airbnb as a trusted platform globally
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top