Trust and Safety Project Manager
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and we give the best high-fives in town.
As Trust and Safety Project Manager on the Systems and Innovation Team, you will provide project management skills to spearhead and drive in the implementation of critical large scale operations initiatives in support of the Trust and Safety department's Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). Also, as Airbnb launches new products, you will ensure Trust and Safety concerns are considered and prepare the operations team for launch and rollout. You have demonstrated well-honed project management ability in previous work, and you have ambition to push for large scope improvements to our operations. You have the ability to concentrate on the nitty gritty details that need improvement while also communicating a high level narrative to management and product teams. You are a self-starter with a can-do attitude who isn’t afraid to roll your sleeves up, can work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The ideal candidate has some technical prowess and operational experience to help them make informed decisions that improve operational productivity (both efficiency and efficacy) while protecting our valued community.
Experience and skills
- 6+ years of total work experience with 3+ years focused on project/program management, consulting or corporate strategy.
- Experience working on operational projects designed to improve efficiency and efficacy.
- Well developed problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Multi-tasking capabilities as we grow fast and changes come up frequently.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with management and leadership teams
- 1+ years of fraud/risk operations experience preferred
- Knowledge of the product we offer and passion for Airbnb.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Trust and Safety management, operations and cross-functional product teams to define, launch, and execute various strategic and operational initiatives aimed at driving operational agility.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across Trust and Safety, Customer Experience, Product, IT, Legal, and others to drive key projects.
- Define project goals and key results that align with strategic vision. Gain buy-in, track results, and update progress to key stakeholders.
- Build detailed project plan with tasks, resources, dependencies, and dates. Identify risks and create mitigation plans. Work with project team to ensure on-time completion of key milestones.
- Prepare presentations and clearly communicate findings from initiatives to management and the broader Trust and Safety organization.
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors including service monitoring, performance optimization, and ROI analysis
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top