Technical Program Manager - Payments
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead our engineering efforts around migrating our Payments Infrastructure to a services oriented architecture (SOA) in support of our larger scalability efforts.
This work will require significant cross functional collaboration between Infrastructure and all product teams. A TPM on the project will aid with identifying dependencies, tracking progress across different product and infrastructure teams, and ensuring the migration work progresses, while clearly communicating progress and risks to project stakeholders.
- Translate the high-level organizational objective to a series of executable projects that can be delivered over the course of 2018 and into 2019.
- Identify and minimize the impact of technical dependencies and ensure the teams can operate as efficiently as possible
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities.
- Operationalize and evangelize the responsibilities for service ownership at Airbnb.
- Regularly assess risks and opportunities; understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
- Proven track record of managing several large-scale complex technical roll-outs for large scale cloud-hosted web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Experience developing process where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Experience with Jira & Confluence
- BA/BS degree, minimum 8 years technical project management experience.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top