Technical Program Manager, Data Quality
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead our initiatives to improve Data Quality across the company. This would include driving strategic logging initiatives, adoption of best practices for logging and pipeline development, and leading projects associated with the Data Empowered Engineering Program (DEEP), a training program aimed at scaling data work and expertise in product teams. This work will require deep technical understanding of Airbnb’s data infrastructure, its challenges, and cross functional collaboration between engineering, product, and data science stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Product teams to identify high impact projects that can be executed on by each team.
- Align stakeholders in Data Science and Engineering teams on projects, and set clear expectations for staffing and deliverables.
- Coordinate staffing (with guidance from engineering leaders) on projects, identify skill data engineering sets gaps, and apply training when necessary.
- Work with teams to define and prioritize project outcomes; help team identify milestones and tasks and keep everyone on track to meet their commitments.
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have completing priorities.
- Effectively manage change by influencing and communicating with key stakeholders.
- Provide regular project updates to the Data Science and Engineering teams covering deliverables, progress, plans, fires.
- Regularly assess risks and opportunities; understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with distributed teams having different operating cadences.
- Experience developing process where little exists, but demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Being a self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership is also important as the team is looking for the kind of person who can dive right into a problem and resolve it without having to be asked to do so.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Experience working in a highly cross functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree, 7 years technical project or program management experience.
- Experience building & operating critical data pipelines and dashboards
- Experience with AWS, Hive, Spark , Druid, SQL, Python
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top