Technical Program Manager
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add an experienced, highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead engineering initiatives in our Homes organization and help shape the future growth of the TPM team within Homes.
A TPM on the team will have a strong sense of ownership, and aid with identifying and resolving dependencies, tracking progress across different teams, and ensuring the work progresses, while clearly communicating progress and risks to project stakeholders.
- Collaborate across team and functional boundaries to deliver outcomes for key engineering led initiatives
- Increase team productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean.
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have completing priorities.
- Partner with Engineering leadership, help identify opportunities for growing the TPM function within the homes business
- Regularly assess risks and opportunities; understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
- Proven track record of managing large-scale, complex technical initiatives like service-oriented architecture, database migrations and frontend web performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Experience developing process where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree, minimum 12 years technical project or program management experience.
Back to top