Tax Staff, Compliance
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone or tablet.
Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
The Indirect Tax Team is responsible for the end-to-end process of implementing collection and remittance of indirect taxes. The process entails negotiations, research, facilitating the launch process, tax compliance, submitting payments, providing reports for accruals, audits and special requests from internal teams, amongst other responsibilities.
We are seeking a Tax Staff to support Airbnb’s tax activities. This position, based in San Francisco, is responsible for assisting with the launch process, compliance activities, tracking of information, and providing reports for audits and handling special requests from jurisdictions and internal teams. The role will ensure that day-to-day compliance is maintained to a high standard.
- Assisting the Indirect Tax Compliance Manager in preparing tax registration documents, compiling and maintaining information in trackers, and answering audit requests
- Preparing summary workpapers, including reconciliations
- Testing accuracy of our tax systems (ie tax engine that calculates taxes) as part of the launch process for new jurisdictions
- Providing information to outsourced preparers of domestic and international indirect compliance
- Completing ad hoc projects as assigned
- A strong systems and spreadsheet background
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft, and Google Drive; Knowledge of Smartsheets is a plus
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Ability to deal with high volume of transactions with a high level of detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organization skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with teams inside as well as outside Airbnb
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Passion about Airbnb and our values
- Experience in project management
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, economics, business or related field; degree in tax is a plus!
- 2+ years of relevant experience
Back to top