Tax Policy Associate
Role & Responsibilities
It is our mission to work closely with politicians, regulators, and legislators across the region to educate them about Airbnb and the “sharing economy”, highlight the significant social and economic impact our business has on towns, regions and cities, and showcase best practices from around the world. We want policy makers to understand the regulatory challenges that affect our host community and find solutions that are good for our thriving local communities.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Airbnb and the sharing economy, and have proven experience in tackling complex tax policy issues within a multinational corporate context.
This role will report to the Senior Tax Policy Manager.
- Support the Senior Tax Policy Manager to develop and implement Airbnb’s tax policy strategy; including helping determine advocacy priorities and positions in the region.
- Work with legislative bodies and government agencies on Airbnb’s priority issues, including crafting and negotiating language for legislation, drafting comments on administrative regulations, and authoring substantive issue briefs and position papers.
- Monitor and research legislation and regulatory matters and advise the company with respect to tax policy challenges.
- create and manage cross functional project plans that have tax implications
- Engage in research, writing and other activities to provide analysis and critical thinking on developments affecting Airbnb’s tax strategy in the region.
- Support the Senior Tax Policy Manager in advising Airbnb’s teams on tax policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies.
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with tax policy issues in a relevant business or non-governmental organisation, or in a political, governmental or regulatory context (a mix of public and private sector experience is an advantage).
- Direct tax policy experience.
- Degree or advanced degree in tax and/or law is highly desirable.
- Excellent state and local tax research, writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties.
- A strong systems and spreadsheet background.
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail and highly motivated/proactive.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, both for subject matter experts and the layperson.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player in a multi-task work environment while producing the highest calibre work product in a timely manner.
- Must be passionate about the company.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top