Talent Partner - Portland
We’re the Airbnb HR team - playful, fun, helpful, and dead serious. We’re tasked with one of the company’s most important goals: preserving and driving Airbnb’s amazing culture. We do this by making sure we work with brilliant, inspiring individuals and teams. It’s our job to make sure we raise the bar with every hire. We work hard - very hard - but every day, we are rewarded by the amazing, joyful people around us. We’re creating the best team in the world.
The successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for creating meaningful experiences, and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. As the Talent Partner for the Airbnb Portland Office, you will support the North American Customer Experience (CX) and Trust & Safety (T&S) teams and serve as point person for issues requiring on the ground support for the PDX office. You will deliver a full range of HR programs, service and solutions for our team in Portland, as well as our the North American regional teams for our Customer Experience and Trust & Safety teams throughout North America.
This role is based at our Portland, Oregon (hub location for North America) and reports to a Talent Director based out of San Francisco.
- Diagnose and understand local business and organizational needs.
- Develop and implement sound approaches and strategies to address local organizational needs around Employee Relations matters, manager and team effectiveness and performance management.
- Advocate for local teams and represent their needs to the Global Talent Partner for Customer Experience and Trust & Safety.
- As a member of the Portland leadership team, partner with site leaders to cultivate Airbnb culture and core values through promoting a culture of feedback and open communication.
- Lead the planning and execution of on all NA talent initiatives for Portland site and North America Customer Experience and Trust and Safety,
- Make sound recommendations regarding local policies and recognition and rewards programs
- Partner with North America Recruiting team for Customer Experience and Trust and Safety to ensure a positive, transparent and seamless candidate experience
- Respond to local employee questions in a timely fashion
- Manage employee relations activities in partnership with PDX Talent Partner in line with company practices and core values
- Drive improvements to programs and policies to support Airbnb’s culture and oversee implementation and communication of the same.
- Partner with cross-regional peers to implement global Talent programs
- Partner with regional legal team to ensure compliance with country and local employment regulations.
- Partner with Ground Control (employee experience/office culture) in onboarding and offboarding processes as well as other initiatives.
- Share knowledge appropriately and proactively look for ways to raise the bar
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience in a high growth environment, with a minimum of two years working closely with a large non-exempt population
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communications and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a diverse team.
- Well-developed analytical and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues.
- Experience working for a global company.
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously grow and learn.
- Self-directed, but also great at collaborating with employees at all levels and with many different teams.
- Ability to perceive, understand, judge, and come to a reasonable and logical conclusion in order to have the best outcome in any given situation.
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be, too!
- Experience using collaboration tools: Google, Vidyo, Slack, Wikis
- Travel required: Expectation will be travel to the HQ office (San Francisco) 10% of the time.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top