Talent Partner Lead
Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations from around the world - online or from a mobile phone or tablet. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing number of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions. No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
About The Role
We're looking for an experienced Talent Partner Lead (HR Business Partner Lead).
Successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for building and refining processes and practices, is strong in influencing and mentoring others and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need an HR thought leader who can balance the need to be a Strategic business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude.
Experience in a fast paced, high growth organization and/or tech firm is a plus as is a leadership role in a multinational organization.
It’s a management role with an opportunity to manage a team of Talent Generalists and Talent Analysts.
- Partner with Business leaders and provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Participate in leadership meetings to diagnose and solve talent and organization problems
- Advocate for your functional teams and represent their needs to the global HR team and senior leadership
- Ensure the delivery of industry leading HR/Talent services as the business scales
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience and strategic future focussed hiring
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation of core HR/Talent programs
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g., performance management, rewards, mutual separations, conflict management...)
- Work closely with Talent COE partners (Total Rewards, Learning, Talent Design and Internal Comms) to deliver talent programs and translate back feedback
- Respond to manager and employee questions on a timely basis, providing support and advice
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication, reinforcing our mission and core values
- Support individual and team development as well as provide guidance to support the high growth and need to become more efficient and effective
- 12+ years of progressive HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment
- A collaborative, thoughtful HR leader who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details
- Proven ability to influence at the executive level
- Prior experience of successfully managing direct reports
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others
- Proven ability to think creatively, participate fully and work collaboratively to develop and execute programs
- Comfortable with open communication and giving and receiving open, constructive feedback respectfully
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees
- Not afraid to roll sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues.
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!
Back to top