Talent Partner, APAC (6 Month Contract)
We’re the Airbnb Talent team - playful, fun, helpful, and deadly serious. We’re tasked with one of the company’s most important goals: preserving and driving Airbnb’s amazing culture. We do this by making sure we work with brilliant, inspiring individuals and teams. It’s our job to make sure we help all of our people raise the bar with their work and career. We work hard - very hard - but every day, we are rewarded by the amazing, joyful people around us. We’re creating the best team in the world.
We're looking for a Talent Partner (HRBP) who will support our businesses across APAC and help define the broader talent strategy for the region. A successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for creating meaningful experiences and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need a “Talent Rock Star” to come in with a hands-on attitude and develop already existing processes as well as growing brand new ones to continually drive our mission and goals. This role will report to the Head of APAC Talent based in Singapore.
- Proactively shape talent priorities to align to business strategy and changing needs. Help shape the appropriate culture. Diagnose and define programs and support needs to optimize business performance.
- Deliver global learning programs in APAC offices and actively partner, coach & develop leadership in team members, managers and individuals.
- Partner with the broader APAC Talent Team on APAC-wide initiatives.
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience.
- Educate employees and managers on our compensation and benefits program. Respond to employee questions in a timely manner and provides advice when it makes sense.
- Understand the needs of the team and makes recommendations regarding recognition and rewards programs.
- Partner with legal team to be compliant with employment regulations.
- Mediates between team members when appropriate and escalates to senior leadership and the broader talent team if necessary.
- Work with managers and advise on performance and behavioral issues. When appropriate, escalate to broader talent and legal team.
- Assist the business with all aspects of the Talent Management process and performance reviews.
- Partner with Ground Control (employee experience/office culture) on various office initiatives.
- Work with the broader APAC talent team on “check-in” (on-boarding) and “check out” (off-boarding) processes.
- Advocate for teams and represent their needs to the regional and global talent team and senior leadership.
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication.
- Share knowledge appropriately and proactively look for ways to raise the bar.
- 8+ years of progressive Talent/HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment.
- A high energy, thoughtful Talent Partner who can work at a detailed tactical level and also see the big picture.
- Strong communications and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a diverse and valuable team.
- Not afraid to roll sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small.
- Well-developed analytical and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues.
- Experience working for a global company.
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Self directed but also great at collaborating with employees at all levels and with many different teams.
- Ability to be patient and communicate respectfully in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perceive, understand, judge, and come to a reasonable and logical conclusion in order to have the best outcome in any given situation.
- Experience supporting customer service, retail or on the floor hospitality staff will be an advantage.
- Experience in benefits a plus
- Passionate about learning and development
- Experience in business partnering in 2-3 of our APAC locations - Singapore, Australia, India, Korea and Japan
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top