Talent Operations Manager
Talent Operations Manager, China
Founded in 2008, Airbnb is a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals.All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app.
The Talent Operations Manager (HR Operations & Shared Services) will manage the full spectrum of talent transactions, processes and operations for the entire China Business Unit. The person will bring HQ guidelines, practices and standards back and formulate a strategy and execute to support the growth of China BU and complied with country legislations . You will manage various external vendors and contractors to drive seamless employee experience, process efficiency and accessibility. We’re looking for someone who understands China Labor Law practice and application, employee benefits management, has passion and strong capabilities in process engineering, project management and continuous improvement.
- Define and execute talent operations strategy that will work for the China region and will align with global processes/teams
- Embody the core values we have as an organization and represent our friendly, genuine and passionate Airbnb culture by being a host to our employees with their queries.
- Partner with the Business Systems team to continually improve our HR & Talent Management systems, including providing inputs on business process, audits, reporting, and new requirements
- Management reporting and driving the talent analytics and insights work; preparing Workday reports to help support the leadership teams
- Talent Projects: Participate or lead regional project work or initiatives on the enhancement of the employee experience and processes throughout the employee lifecycle, including process improvements, automation, and data & insights.
- Manage and administrate the following HR transactions and processes partnering with external vendors:
- Benefits Administration: Liaison and manage the relationships with benefit providers & update (registration/updating/de-registration) benefits enrolment and produce data reporting as required
- Employee Exits: Manage logistics of all employee exits, including updating Leave types trackers/plans & generating reports, and post exit payment follow up with the employee
- Policy: Work with Talent Partners and Legal team to contemplate, implement and execute Airbnb employment policies and procedures in China
- Talent Data analytics - compile data and report using Tableau or Excel, including bespoke data requests from managers. Analyse data to support decision making.
- End to end support for new joiners including contract processing, travel arrangements, scheduling, relocation support (including immigration support), new joiner documentation and onboarding
- Manage the PO Process where needed
- Employee documents: process document requests following the company protocol
- HR Files: Manage hard filing cabinets & e-filing folders
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ Years of relevant work experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of China labour law and employee benefits management practice
- Strong written and verbal communications in English and Mandarin, proven records of working with stakeholders based remotely in an international MNC environment
- Proven record of accomplishment utilizing advanced MS Excel skills, and/or Google Applications (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc.) and Tableau
- Hands-on experience administering Workday is strongly preferred. Solid working knowledge of HRIS workflow, reports development, and support is preferred
- Strong Problem solving & Project Management skills - ability to assess, plan, prioritize and implement in a timely way
- Great team player who collaborates with other EX functions
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment, is highly organized and able to multi-task
- Experience in international working environment through virtual conferencing
- Ability to manage competing demands while being extremely adaptable - we move fast here and we are constantly changing directions, but we keep it all together AND we think that is fun. You should too.
- An interest in travel is a plus!
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top