Research has been part of Airbnb from the beginning, ever since Paul Graham told the Airbnb founders, "go to your users." As designers, the founders embraced this advice and got on a plane to meet with Airbnb hosts that very weekend. Since those early days, the value of research has been baked into Airbnb’s product culture.
The Survey Science Team’s mission is to help users belong anywhere by understanding their needs and motivations, globally and holistically, through executing and empowering best-in-class surveys
Your surveys will focus on both online and offline experience - after all, most experiences with Airbnb happen when travelers are not using our digital products. And you are at the front lines of delivering insights from around the world, making Airbnb a truly global/local product. No small feat when Airbnb is in 192 countries!
- Conduct practical and impactful survey research on our community of hosts and guests.
- Uncover insights about users by using sophisticated and innovative methodologies, measurement strategies, survey experiments, and sampling methods.
- Share insights with researchers, designers, engineers, product managers, and others, creating a smarter, more informed and more empathetic product team.
- Care deeply about, and contribute to our knowledge of, survey science best practices.
- Masters or PhD in Survey Science/Methods, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Political Science, or a related field
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience with survey design, statistical analysis, and experimental design
- Experience with survey programming platforms (Confirmit, Qualtrics, etc.)
- Experience with statistical analysis packages (R, Stata, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- Experience with qualitative research methods
- Experience with SQL, ETL, data analysis
- Coding/scripting skills
- Experience with cross-cultural products or international survey
- $2000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top