Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 191 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
Our Community Support Team is growing and we want you to be part of it!
We are looking for talented, experienced and multilingual full-time Claims professionals to join our Claims team and help us provide exceptional customer support. The right candidate will be a dispute resolution oriented person, who treats clients fairly and equitably, but also makes sure claims are legitimate and reasonable. They must have a passion for innovation and have 1-3 years of applicable experience, preferably in property damage liability and/or catastrophic and fatality; and/or dispute resolution, third party adjuster management ecommerce and conflict resolution.
- Support your team in handling urgent, escalated property security cases (e.g., catastrophic claims, liability claims, complex fraud investigations, etc.), prioritizing wellness and sustainability.
- Lead with empathy to establish approachability in order to care about, support, and challenge the team to meet and exceed expectations.
- Keep up with day-to-day management duties such as scheduling, shift approvals, team and one-on-one meetings, and managing basic HR-related issues (pay/benefits/HR policy enforcement, etc.).
- Ensure individual team members are held accountable to their performance goals in a fair and equitable manner by setting clear expectations, following-up individually, and coaching team members positively to develop and improve their skills in a tailored way.
- Think critically and constantly evaluate policies and procedures. Work with the team to identify opportunities to improve performance and better optimize processes for the team, region, and global community.
- Lead the team towards the execution of the company and strategic goals following the guidance of the Operations Manager, and collaborate with the Operations Manager to develop recommendations for service improvements and regional prioritisation.
- Manage the team execution of complex, sensitive, and/or urgent issues that might pose a significant risk to our brand or community. Work with your regional leadership to influence stakeholders and the Claims Service Manager to mitigate risks.
- Serve as Point of Contact for urgent or other sensitive cases within your region, spending time each week working on tickets and other escalated issues to refine subject matter expertise.
- Work closely with fellow global and regional Team Leads in addition to maintaining a strong connection to your cross-functional partners.
- Effectively prioritize the team’s work based on seasonality and the needs of the customers and the business.
- Lead and/or participate in projects outside of the scope of your department, as assigned by your manager.
- Attending functional business reviews and working with external vendors to align and drive performance in claims processing
- Attend large loss case reviews as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 2-4 years of experience leading, inspiring and motivating teams to meet operational goals and targets; experience managing teams in the insurance claims, property damage, or liability fields a plus
- Experience managing complex, escalated cases with elevated media or legal risk
- Strong metrics-based performance management skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to work and solve problems independently, collaboratively, or through delegation.
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to understand and execute policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality during investigations
- Experience working with internal stakeholders and third party providers to resolve complex disputes in a detailed, effective and timely manner
- Fluency in English for daily work use
Back to top