Strategic Partnerships Consultant (Freelancer)
Location: Cape Town, South AfricaLength: Temporary starting immediately
We are looking for an experienced partnerships consultant with established relationships in Cape Town - especially in tech, the third sector and preferably destination development - to help us kick-off a number of civic projects under development. To do this role effectively you must be a self-starter with top-notch project-management skills and an ability to leverage existing connections to finalise projects and deliver. You must also be able to confidently represent Airbnb to external partners, coordinating well with local and international colleagues. The ideal person will be passionate about Airbnb and home sharing, and have proven experience in the innovation, tourism, and/or international development sectors.
- Help project-manage strategic partnerships that advance Airbnb long-term policy objectives with public and private sector institutions within the government, tourism, economic development, and innovation
- Work cross-functionally across Airbnb to deliver creative and impactful initiatives that support policy objectives and demonstrate the broader benefits of home sharing to communities and cities
- Manage logistics of individual partnership projects from start to finish, including identifying and scoping opportunities, laying out agreements, coordinating rollouts etc.
- 5+ years professional experience, ideally with significant experience in project management and partner engagement
- First-rate project management skills
- Understanding of policy, government, tourism and urban issues a must
- Ability to communicate quickly, effectively and accurately to various audiences
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements. Startup experience a plus
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives
- Ability to travel and have a flexible schedule
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top