Strategic Development, Senior Analyst
Airbnb’s Strategic Development group focuses on evaluating and executing acquisitions, investments, strategic partnerships, and supports Airbnb's fundraising efforts, when applicable. Representative projects include the acquisition of Luxury Retreats, an investment and commercial partnership with Resy, support for fundraising activities, and creating a strategic roadmap for prioritizing opportunities outside of our core accommodations business. The team is small and works closely with Airbnb’s senior Business leaders, including our CFO. We are seeking a Senior Analyst with 2-4 years of relevant finance and/or consulting experience to be based in our San Francisco headquarters.
- Conduct financial analysis to inform evaluation of potential acquisitions and partnerships
- Collect and analyze company and external data, summarizing key takeaways into presentations and memos to inform Airbnb’s senior management and board of directors
- Conduct primary and secondary industry research on potential new verticals and business opportunities for Airbnb
- Help manage and organize meetings with internal business partners and external advisors
- Work closely with a small team to support acquisition and partnership diligence and integration across a wide range of functions at Airbnb (e.g., product, marketing, customer service, payments, etc.)
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 2-4 years of financial analysis experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, or equivalent roles, ideally with exposure to the consumer internet, technology, or travel industries.
- Data savvy with an intellectual curiosity to drill deep to uncover business drivers and can communicate insightful, actionable recommendations to business partners.
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow within the Airbnb community and embody our Core Values; team-oriented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong modeling skills; general familiarity with accounting and corporate finance.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate key ideas, both verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable performing complex analyses using large datasets from multiple sources to generate insights and communicate recommendations to all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized, independent, and self-motivated; commitment to delivering consistently accurate and high quality work product.
- Demonstrated ability to dig into the details and work collaboratively across departments and levels.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn SQL or database syntax.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top