State & Local Tax Staff
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone or tablet.
Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
The Indirect Tax Team is responsible for the end-to-end process of implementing collection and remittance of indirect taxes. The process entails negotiations, research, facilitating the launch process, tax compliance, submitting payments, providing reports for accruals, audits and special requests from internal teams, amongst other responsibilities.
- Assisting with state and local tax research and analysis.
- Assisting with state and local tax audits.
- Assisting with analyzing and drafting proposed legislation impacting the company.
- Assisting with determining opportunities and tax risks and implementing solutions.
- Assistance as needed with various state and local tax compliance needs.
- Assistance with various tax analyses impacting financial statements.
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned.
- An advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable. Minimum of Bachelor's degree, with a desired emphasis in accounting, finance, economics or a related field.
- 2+ years experience in state and local tax matters with a strong focus on controversy matters, including audits, settlements and negotiations. Experience in public accounting and/or law and industry highly desirable.
- Excellent state and local tax research, writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Experience with preparing state and local tax compliance a major plus.
- Ability to interface with multiple groups inside tax as well as across functional groups outside the tax function.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties.
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail and highly motivated/proactive.
- A strong systems and spreadsheet background.
- Ability to deal with high volume transactions and juggle a multitude of jurisdictions simultaneously.
- Must have highest level of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Must be passionate about the company.
- CPA certification desirable.
Back to top