Staff Technical Program Manager, AWS Cost Management
- San Francisco, CA
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) to the team. This person will partner with our global engineering teams and finance to provide a holistic view of our cloud financials, manage financial risk, and develop and maintain scalable processes to forecast consumption demand.
If you strive to improve efficiency, have a cost conscious mindset, a strong analytical approach to problems, and love the challenge of building new organizational capabilities, this is the role for you.
- Achieve cost savings targets on our cloud infrastructure by identifying inefficiencies and dependencies, aligning teams to execute on high ROI opportunities, then managing them across the finish line
- Partner with engineering teams to build and strengthen capabilities that enable teams to understand utilization of system resources and running weekly reviews to identify hot spots and mitigate them
- Develop strong partnerships with both business and internal finance teams by providing cost related insights, metrics, and KPIs in collaboration with data scientists
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities.
- Establish and manage internal cost metrics
- Establish regular budget and forecasting process for cloud resource consumption
- BA/BS degree, 12 years technical project management experience or relevant experience
- Hands on experience managing AWS Cloud Costs highly desired (understanding cost explorer, cost and usage reports, reserved instances)
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a track record of taking ownership, leading data driven analyses, and influencing results
- Experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- 401K with matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
Back to top