Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
At Airbnb, our mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. We use Machine Learning extensively to create a more connected, empowered, and safer global community and enable the next generation of intelligent, worry-free travel experience.
In this role, you’ll help us build Airbnb’s end-to-end Machine Learning Modeling Platform (Bighead) - scalable shared infrastructure that accelerates the pace of Machine Learning development and the deployment of impactful, high quality ML use cases company-wide.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects that span the ML lifecycle from ideation to production:
- Build out distributed training & model experimentation systems to accelerate advanced use cases
- Scale our distributed high-QPS real-time inference service to handle demanding workloads with low latency using the latest in software and hardware inference technology
- Build our core ML model lifecycle management system to provide an ML-aware release and deployment experience
- Create intelligent ML-aware real-time monitoring & observability systems
- Work closely with partner teams to integrate with other ML tools such as Zipline (Feature Engineering) and Redspot (Notebooking) to create a seamless end-to-end experience
- Leverage open source technologies like Kubeflow, Kubernetes, Spark, Docker, Airflow, Tensorflow and PyTorch
- Enable use cases all across Airbnb’s product - for example Search Ranking, Fraud Detection, Customer Support, and more!
- Work closely with Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists to understand, refine, and prioritize requirements
- Design and create simple, powerful APIs (& UIs) to capture our user needs
- Design, build and scale Distributed backend services built on Kubernetes & Spark
Who we are looking for:
- 8+ years of industry experience (and/or relevant academic experience)
- Strong coding skills in Python/Java or equivalent
- Solid understanding of engineering and infrastructure best practices
- Experience developing and productionizing machine learning models is a plus
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Spark is a plus
- Industry experience building end-to-end Machine Learning Infrastructure a big plus
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status