Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About the role:
We are looking for experienced Android engineers to help us build a delightful experience in every stage of the Airbnb journey. You will have the unique career opportunity to work across multiple agile product teams and make a significant impact on our guest and host community around the world.
Our engineering organization is one where we value everyone’s input and ideas. Although you will be at one of our highest levels of seniority, all individual contributors at Airbnb are engineers and are expected to be hands on and contribute code.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Experience Designers and Backend Engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on Android
- Building efficient and reusable mobile components and architecting reliable, performant, and scalable mobile solutions
- Following data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate features
- Identifying areas of improvement and drive mobile best practices
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Kotlin or Java Android apps, ideally currently available in the Play Store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
- Nice to have: demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $245,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.