Sr. Voice Network Engineer
- Provide Tier 2/3 support interfaces with vendors to resolve all issues as required.
- Responds to issue escalation and service interruption as a confident technical leader
- Works closely with business partners, network planning/engineering, and VoIP vendors to design future VoIP services and provide operational and implementation issue resolution within the voice network
- Develops Runbooks for core resolution activities
- Looks for opportunities to develop automation for repetitive tasks
- Develops monitoring solutions to alert teams on issues and ensure we maximise uptime.
- Provides Operation Support on & off hours, build and/or upgrade support
- Develops standard configurations, procedures and guidelines for selecting, installing and deploying integrated solutions and platforms within the VoIP environment
- Stays updated on industry and technology trends, available products and services in support of IP Telephony/ Collaboration
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience with SIP/RTP, H323 and other VoIP protocols
- Must hold working knowledge of SIP on an enterprise level. This includes knowledge of basic SIP call flow, experience with SIP traces, reading and understanding SIP captures and knowledge of SIP protocol and flows within the SIP environment
- Must have experience with Kamailio/OpenSER/OpenSIPS SIP Registrar and/or other open source SIP proxies
- Expert level knowledge of an Enterprise SBC. Experience with CUBE and/or Audiocodes SBCs is a plus
- A strong working knowledge of Cisco UCM is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in fast pace working environment with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with contact center technologies
- Demonstrates technical curiosity and an obsessive need to understand the root cause of an issue
- Excellent documentation & diagrammatic skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Time Management, multitasking and prior project management skills essential
- Must be self motivated and able to take initiative, a willingness to share knowledge and mentor junior colleagues a must
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top