Spain/Portugal Community Organising Lead (contract)
We are looking for a Community Organiser Lead to direct a team of Community Organisers. Community Organiser teams will support hosts’ right to share their homes, build close working relationships with community leaders and work with hosts and guests to find the best ways to be good neighbors.
This position will be based in Barcelona. This will be a fixed-term contract until the end of 2017.
Community Organising Lead will:
- Work with the Public Policy Manager and regional Community Organising Manager to develop and execute community organising strategy and campaign strategy more generally.
- Manage a team of Community Organisers on a day to day basis, providing training, support and mentoring to help them execute their roles.
Community Organising Lead will also work as part of the Community Organising team to:
- Help hosts to build neighbourhood groups to support their right to share their homes.
- Speak to hosts on the phone and face to face about their experiences hosting and to invite them to join neighbourhood home sharing associations.
- Aim to empower hosts and supporters of home sharing to become community leaders and speak with their neighbours about what home sharing is and how it benefits local communities.
- Organise meetings and events for hosts and supporters of homesharing.
- Support hosts to engage with the local and national policy making process.
- Identify supporters of home sharing and potential partners in neighbourhoods and cities.
- Work with a range of online tools and enter data into relevant systems.
We’re looking for people with the following experience and skills:
- A passion for home sharing.
- At least 4 years’ experience in community organising within political campaigns, the charity or government sectors or grassroots campaigns.
- A track record in developing organising strategy.
- Several years’ experience in managing, training and developing a team.
- Able to build strong relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Competent in using technology and social media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Meticulous organisation skills
- Must be fluent in Spanish and have excellent working knowledge of English. Other languages, especially Catalan, will be a bonus skill.
- A track record of coming up with new ideas and solving problems.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others to meet and exceed targets and achieve goals.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
Back to top