Software Engineer, Trust
Risk Engineering at Airbnb:
Over two million people use Airbnb every month and the Risk Engineering team keeps our hosts and guests safe and supported throughout the entire Airbnb experience.
As part of the Risk Engineering team you will be in charge of designing and building scalable and robust systems to detect and mitigate fraud across our entire platform. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and real-time risk detection services in close collaboration with product, data science and operations teams to understand ever evolving attack vectors and to keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community.
There are still many unsolved problems to tackle in both online and offline risk, and we're looking for talented engineers to solve these challenges with us.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Full stack engineering experience, with strong system fundamentals
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team that touches many parts of the core systems at Airbnb
- Experience working on classification problems is a plus, e.g. payment fraud, text/sentiment classification, or spam detection
- Machine learning, pattern recognition, large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence experience is a plus, but not required
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top