Software Engineer, Search
Search at Airbnb:
Airbnb is revolutionizing the way the world travels and Search is the engine of the Airbnb marketplace. The matching of a Host and Guest on Airbnb has many unique and exciting technical challenges and our work drives the core business by matching an incredible amount of demand to a large, diverse supply of listings. The mission of the Search team is to make sure every traveler finds their perfect listing and every host connects with their ideal guest.
Airbnb search serves millions of requests per day, and our team owns everything including infrastructure, ranking and user experience. We are a diverse team with a wide variety of skills and expertise and pride ourselves on collaboration and learning from each other, having fun, and constantly improving.If you're an engineer interested in making a significant impact on our product and passionate about connecting people around the world, this is the team for you.
- Helping guests decide where to travel and orienting them in an unfamiliar city.
- Helping guests navigate through thousands of listing options and pick the perfect listing for them.
- Keeping track of guest's progress and allowing them to easily resume their search at any time.
- Building the datastore for understanding and storing locations and associated metadata.
- Aggregate and serve information for in-session personalization for every Airbnb user.
- Scaling the search service to support the growth in the number of listings.
- 5+ years of industry experience in engineering
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Knowledge of A/B testing and automated testing
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Experience working with large, custom search systems
- Real-world expertise with any of the following is a plus: Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Recommendation Systems
- Experience with Hive/Spark a plus
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top