Software Engineer, Production Infrastructure
Production Infrastructure at Airbnb:
The Production Infrastructure team architects and implements the systems that allow Airbnb to scale as our transactional volume grows exponentially and our engineering team expands. As we add to the dozens of services that we have in our service oriented architecture, we need people who understand the complexities of building distributed systems and can help us grow our platform. Come join the fun!
What are some examples of Production Infrastructure work at Airbnb?
- SmartStack to handle service discovery in the cloud.
- Plog, a fire-and-forget UDP logging service.
- Hammerspace, a solution to provide persistent, concurrent, off-heap storage in Ruby.
- A customized deployment & configuration management system
- A Ruby HTTP client designed for a high-throughput, service-oriented, distributed environment
To top it off, we shave time off the request cycle by optimizing queries, improve the performance of our applications through in-depth analysis and revamp our data stores. The Production Infrastructure team members are Airbnb’s trusted go-tos for infrastructure and scalability.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Strong development skills in a production environment (the Airbnb stack is mostly Ruby and Java but experience in those languages is not required)
- Building and scaling high-traffic cloud applications
- Experience with service oriented architectures
- Performance benchmarking and diagnostic tools
- Experience deploying and maintaining data stores such as MySQL or Redis
- Experience with monitoring and alerting platforms
- Deep knowledge of Amazon Web Services eco-system
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top