Software Engineer, Product Security
About the Team:
Airbnb is built on trust. Our security team works hard to improve the security of our platform that enables millions of users to explore the world.
We are looking for people who want to make the Airbnb platform safer for millions of users around the world. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is passionate about finding security weaknesses and crafting scalable and usable solutions. We are enablers who make it easier for engineers to create secure features, not blockers. If that mission sounds exciting to you, we have a few different flavors of projects/skillsets we are looking for.
What are examples of work that Security Engineers have done at Airbnb?
- Author & maintain core security/authentication/authorization libraries and frameworks.
- Building new tools to detect vulnerabilities via static analysis, automated scanning, etc.
- Implementation of two-factor authentication for internal systems; standardized identity and access management
- Work across functions to ensure the security of the entire production ecosystem.
- Help design and review security-sensitive aspects of the system.
- Train new engineers and evangelize good security habits; ensure best practices (in technology or education/outreach).
- Regular collaboration with third-party penetration-testing firms
- Attend security conferences
- Contribute to open source
- Publish security research
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- Ruby-on-Rails in production environments
- Strong Java experience
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Interest in security in an agile, cloud based environment
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top