Software Engineer, Product Security
What are examples of work that Security Engineers have done at Airbnb?
- Author & maintain core encryption/authentication/authorization services, libraries, and frameworks.
- Building new tools to detect vulnerabilities via static analysis, automated scanning, etc.
- Implementation of two-factor authentication for internal systems; standardized identity and access management
- Work across functions to ensure the security of the entire production ecosystem.
- Help design and review security-sensitive aspects of the system.
- Train new engineers and evangelize good security habits; ensure best practices (in technology or education/outreach).
- Regular collaboration with third-party penetration-testing firms
- Attend security conferences
- Contribute to open source
- Publish security research
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- Solid defensive security experience shipping projects that mitigate application or infrastructure risks at scale
- Experience finding ways to enable other engineers to create more secure products by default without requiring security expertise
- Significant experience performing security design review of distributed systems and APIs
- Working knowledge of cloud computing (AWS) operations
- Interest in both breaking and building
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top