Software Engineer, Pricing
About The Team
Airbnb is a new type of marketplace that is revolutionizing the way the world travels. Pricing is a huge lever for building an efficient two-sided market for both hosts and guests.
The Pricing Team's goal is to help hosts set prices that can achieve their bookings and earnings goals, while ensuring prices are attractive for the guests.
The uniqueness of each listing and travel dates makes pricing a challenging problem at a very large scale. To optimize prices, we need to build automated systems that can predict demand in the market by analyzing terabytes of data every day, design pricing algorithms to maximize chance of getting bookings, as well as create innovative ways to visualize all the information to our hosts. As an engineer on the team, you will help conceptualize and build these systems and algorithms.
We are looking for engineers with:
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code both on the frontend and backend.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing
- Strong CS fundamentals, rigor in engineering.
- Familiar with Java/Scala/Ruby on Rails/Hive/Spark is a plus.
- Strong background in linear algebra and calculus
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top