Software Engineer, Platform
Platform Engineering at Airbnb:
Airbnb has over a million accommodation listings in more than 34,000 cities around the world. Now, we’re working on the next generation of our platform to be ready for the future of Airbnb.
The Platform Team is responsible for designing and building APIs to serve our own mobile products as well as other internal systems. Engineers on the Platform Team must work cross-functionally and touch nearly every part of the codebase to ensure the platform is scalable, robust, and easy-to-use.
We're a brand new team, and we're bringing the company out of its comfort zone to fundamentally change the hospitality business. There are still many unanswered questions, and we're looking for talented engineers to solve these challenges with us.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Full stack engineering experience, with strong system fundamentals
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- Experience developing APIs and SDKs a plus
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team that touches many parts of the core systems at Airbnb
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top