Software Engineer, New Graduate 2018
Airbnb & Airbnb China
Airbnb is the world’s biggest community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique places to stay while traveling. Founded in Silicon Valley, Airbnb is one of the fastest growing startups in history, and a signature success of the sharing economy.
China’s tourism industry is currently experiencing unprecedented growth, and it is the key to Airbnb’s future success. Like a startup within a startup, Airbnb China is tasked with the exciting responsibility of bringing Chinese people into the Airbnb community.
What We Do
At Airbnb China, we aim to reinvent Airbnb’s global product by tailoring it to local needs.
We build completely new products from scratch that make cultural sense to our Chinese users, as well as rethink and improve upon pre-existing experiences.
Airbnb Eng Culture and your opportunity
At Airbnb, engineers own their impact end-to-end. Our engineers are expected to contribute to the road map, run product experiments, drive data analysis, and come up with next steps from the learnings. Our processes are set up to help us quickly understand what our users need.
We understand this is probably your first full time job, and we believe in setting you up for success. We are looking for passionate, technically agile new graduates who want to be part of a company that’s pioneering a new kind of global community. By joining Airbnb China at its early stage, you’ll have the unique opportunity grow fast, shape the future of our product, and work with one of the most talented engineering teams in the world. Come and help us create a world where anyone can belong anywhere!
- BS, MS or PhD degree in computer science or related technical field
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 1-2 years of programming experience in Java/C++/Python/Ruby or other related languages
- Good written and oral communication in English
There are lots of benefits to working at Airbnb! Some of our new grads’ favorites include:
- Competitive salary and US stock
- Paid Time Off (15 days a year), Birthday leave, etc.
- Bootcamp at our headquarters in San Francisco
- Business travels opportunities to San Francisco and other offices around the world
- Employee travel coupon so you can explore Airbnb’s incredible listings
- World standard Comprehensive Life Medical plan, and Travel insurance
- Apple equipments
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner inspired by cuisine from around the world
- Regular team activities, happy-hours, off-sites, Hackathons, etc.
- Company-sponsored tech talks, social events
If you have any question, please contact [email protected]
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top