Software Engineer, New Grad (Seattle)
At Airbnb, we use technology to create human connection all around the world. Our engineering teams see big challenges as opportunities to craft beautiful and scalable solutions that inspire technical innovation, both in our company and in the tech and travel industries as a whole. We’ve already booked upwards of ten million nights and empowered millions of guests and hosts to reimagine what it means to belong anywhere. There is still so much more that we want to build from scratch and improve! We are looking for passionate, technically agile new grads who want to be part of a company that’s pioneering a new kind of global community.
The Seattle team is a startup within a startup. We build applications for thousands of Airbnb employees around the world and own everything related to operationalizing Airbnb to keep it running as a marketplace.
Inspiration starts from within: the same love and thought that goes into building customer facing product goes into our employee facing product. The team takes on the unique opportunity of interfacing directly with stakeholders around the company to build full stack applications with an array of technologies. In fact, our team codes with some of the newest and most diverse set of technologies within Airbnb from Node.js for real time chat and notifications, to Ruby on Rails for customer resolutions, to React.js for user tickets, to Elastic Search for full text user searching.
Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place.
What are examples of work that New Grad Software Engineers have done at Airbnb?
- We re-built the List Your Space flow. We A/B tested every change carefully and within three months, doubled the conversion rate.
- We created Neighborhoods, a product that answers the question of which parts of a city have desirable Airbnb listings for you. We built systems that allowed writers, translators, and photographers all over the world to collaborate on bringing cities to life. Read more.
- We’ve created APIs for our partners to give appraisals based on Airbnb pricing data and lets users authorize the partner to access their Airbnb account
The following experience is relevant to us:
- BS, MS, and/or PhD degree in computer science, math or a related technical field
- Experience using Python, Java, Scala, Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
- Experience using C++, and SQL for the backend (project dependent)
There are lots of benefits to working at Airbnb! Some of our new grads’ favorites include:
- Competitive pay, a generous relocation bonus, and Paid Time Off
- Quarterly employee travel coupons so you can explore Airbnb’s incredible listings
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner inspired by the local cuisine of listings from around the world
- Company-sponsored tech talks and social events
- Much more...
Back to top