Software Engineer, Marketplace
About the team
Airbnb is a new type of marketplace that is revolutionizing the way the world travels. Today we are managing the most expansive and diverse travel directory in the world, where every listing is special and unique in its own way.
As part of the Marketplace team, you will have an opportunity to contribute to the continuous success and innovation behind Airbnb’s core accommodation business. Our responsibilities include:
- Making the search and booking process personal and instant. Search on Airbnb is a hard multidimensional matching problem. Taste and preferences of our guests are varied and diverse, and so is our inventory. How do we make the comparison process manageable to the user given that we offer more choices than any other accommodation site? We are solving this problem with both algorithmic and UI innovations.
- Increasing the efficiency of the marketplace itself by developing products that give our hosts actionable data insights on how to improve their performance and help them reach their goals through better pricing, availability and inquiry management strategies.
- Growing the supply side of the market by optimizing on-boarding flows, creating incentive programs for getting people to try hosting, and ensuring great experience for first time hosts.
Airbnb is changing the travel industry by applying more science and technology than ever before.
The following experience is relevant to us
We are looking for engineers across a variety of disciplines, including backend, frontend and versatile full stack developers.
- If you love working on web service backends, you have strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems, good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs.
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Analytical thinking and experience mining data to make product decisions.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top