Software Engineer, Machine Learning, Homes
What is Homes at Airbnb?
Whenever anyone thinks of Airbnb, the first thing that comes to mind is Homes. Homes is Airbnb’s core business and we work on everything from driving improvements to the Guest and Host experience to launching new initiatives from the ground up. Within Homes engineering, you can have significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products and users. Whether you are working on one of our big bets such as guest loyalty or personalization, improving our tools for guests and hosts around the world, or working on a new business such as Airbnb for Work or Airbnb Plus, you will be on a small team designed to maximize your ability to deliver results. If you are motivated by how much visibility your work has, how much it impacts the company's bottom line, how many users see your work, or how it will impact your career growth, Homes is a great place to launch your Airbnb career.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
What is Machine Learning at Airbnb?
Here at Airbnb, Machine Learning is fundamental to our success and it touches nearly all parts of the product. We use ML to build crucial pieces such as deep learning models for search, pricing models to predict the price of our inspiring/unique list of homes, and bidding models to power our large marketing spend. We are looking for talented engineers with a passion for solving large scale machine learning problems while having a meaningful impact in driving our growth and furthering our mission of enabling anyone to belong anywhere. In this role, you will have an opportunity to design, build and deploy ML algorithms on one of the largest travel platforms in the world.
- Large scale Machine Learning infrastructure that powers our Search ranking models.
- Natural Language Processing to understand text content on Airbnb platform, including reviews, descriptions and interactions between users on our marketplace.
- Determining the optimal pricing strategies to help our Hosts effectively manage their listings and achieve their revenue goals.
- Modeling demand and supply situation in real time to optimize the overall market efficiency and give valuable insights to the Hosts.
- Clustering of users and listings to enable more intelligent matching.
- 3+ years of industry experience or a PhD + relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Ability to write high performance production quality code.
- Industry experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems
- Good understanding of common families of models, feature engineering, feature selection and other practical machine learning issues, such as overfitting
- Airbnb Engineering and Data Science at KDD. (We won the best paper award)
- Airbnb Engineering & Data Science
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.
Back to top