Software Engineer, iOS (China)
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 191 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
- Responsible for developing Airbnb iOS app, write high quality and maintainable code, conduct high quality code review.
- Closely work with product managers, designers, and data scientists to define product requirements and build the user-interface for an end-to-end trip, run A/B test and iterate the product based on the data analytics.
- Or responsible for the performance optimization in Airbnb iOS app, build fundamental and general components like Map and Hybrid framework.
- Improve the code structure and architecture in the codebase.
- Experience shipping one or more Swift/Objective-C iOS apps, ideally currently available in an app store.
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense.
- Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done quickly.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product improvements.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Proactiveness, good communication and fast learning.
- Interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows at Airbnb.
- Working proficiency in English and Mandarin required.
Back to top