Software Engineer, Intern
At Airbnb, we use technology to create human connection all around the world. Our engineering teams see big challenges as opportunities to craft beautiful and scalable solutions that inspire technical innovation both in our company and across the tech and travel industries as a whole. As an engineering intern at Airbnb, you’ll be an integral part of our team where you will face our company’s most ambitious goals. We’ll provide the support, mentorship, fun, and real world experience needed to accelerate your learning and make a real impact on our product; you will write and ship projects to develop new features on our platform from scratch, strengthen our infrastructure, and delight our community of guests and hosts.
What are examples of work that Software Engineering Interns have done at Airbnb?
- We’ve created the backend and UI for creating Airbnb gift cards, allowing gift cards to be personalized to specific guests
- We built out new functionalities for Airbnb reviews, allowing users to search, summarize, and distill reviews of our listings into succinct and useful highlights
- We’ve developed a new, more intuitive interface for message threads to help hosts manage their conversations with guests more easily and efficiently
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Strong CS fundamentals gained through current pursuit of Bachelor’s, Master's, or PhD degree in computer science, math or related discipline
- Experience using Java, Scala, Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
- Experience using C++, and SQL for the backend (project dependent)
There are lots of benefits to interning at Airbnb! Some of our interns’ favorites include:
- Competitive pay, a generous housing bonus, and Paid Time Off
- Quarterly employee travel coupons so you can explore Airbnb’s incredible listings
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner inspired by the local cuisine of listings from around the world
- Company-sponsored tech talks and social events
- Much more...
Back to top