Software Engineer, Human Team
Help Airbnb fulfill its Belong Anywhere mission by building products for people who have been forced to flee their homes or are otherwise in urgent need of housing. The Human team is a cross-functional group focused on creating unique product solutions to difficult social problems in housing, livelihood creation, and bias/perception. We are responsible for meeting Airbnb’s commitment to house 100,000 people in need over the next five years.
We are looking for self-directed engineers to work with our cross-functional team on all aspects of product development: strategy, brainstorming, user research, design, execution, and iteration. The ideal candidates will have a customer-focused mindset, a desire to shape product direction, and strong technical and strong cross-functional communication/collaboration skills. They must embody Airbnb’s core values and be a champion for the mission of helping everyone, especially people in need, belong anywhere. This includes a commitment to social impact, social justice, working with diverse communities and interest in learning and engaging with identities other than their own.
We are a small team working in an evolving space, so the engineers must be comfortable in a fluid work environment where responsibilities may change rapidly in response to sudden shifts in government policy and world events.
- Take a proactive role in product direction and strategy by writing specs and proposing creative solutions that address real needs for our community
- Execute on full-stack engineering projects in close collaboration with other members of the product team
- Ability to make self-informed product decisions and manage own time
- Collaborate with product teams in the core business to ensure our product integrates well into the Airbnb ecosystem
- 4+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Proven ability to execute on major engineering projects with a high quality bar; ability to execute projects from start to finish
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Engineers who have experience with web best practices such as A/B testing, test coverage.
- Engineers with volunteering experience.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top