Software Engineer, Growth
*** If you are a recent graduate or in school with less than 1 year of full time industry experience, we encourage you to apply to our Software Engineer, New Graduate or Software Engineer, Intern application.***
Growth at Airbnb:
Airbnb's approach to growth is to delight our users and make it easy for them to share the Airbnb story with friends. We want to grow Airbnb by delivering on our brand promise to "belong anywhere," by connecting users with each other, and by giving every person more reasons to talk about Airbnb.
We believe in the following principles:
- Our users tell the story better than we do.
- It’s better to have 100 people love you than 1,000 people like you.
- Authenticity always - no tricks.
Projects we work on include:
- Amplifying natural behaviors such as sharing and word of mouth between users. For example, we built Airbnb's referrals program.
- Email - we'd like to drive more engagement with the site by sending relevant, personalized emails - this involves determining what users will find engaging, and how to best deliver it.
- Ad tools - Search Engine Marketing is one of our main growth levers, and one of the key ways to expand this lever is to onboard and optimize new channels, especially in Asia.
- Internationalization - Help Airbnb be truly international by improving our translation framework. We currently support 26 languages on our desktop site, mobile site, iPhone app, and Android app.
- Growth in Asia is one of Airbnb's strategic goals this year. To that end, the Growth team focuses on:
- Site speed. We're improving this in Asia by making everything asynchronous and being hyper-vigilant about dependencies we include.
- Help visitors discover and share Airbnb through travel and social platforms. In China this means plugging into the social ecosystem through integrations on WeChat, etc.
- Optimize the site for first-touch visitors, especially in early growth markets e.g. China.
Relevant experience might include:
- Ruby on Rails experience in production environments
- Past experience and/or strong passion in building global websites and apps
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Experience building large-scale ad tools.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top