Software Engineer, Growth
*** If you are a recent graduate or in school with less than 1 year of full time industry experience, we encourage you to apply to our Software Engineer, New Graduate or Software Engineer, Intern application.***
Growth at Airbnb:
Airbnb's approach to growth is to delight our users and make it easy for them to share the Airbnb story with friends. We want to grow Airbnb by delivering on our brand promise to "belong anywhere," by connecting users with each other, and by giving every person more reasons to talk about Airbnb.
We believe in the following principles:
- Our users tell the story better than we do.
- It’s better to have 100 people love you than 1,000 people like you.
- Authenticity always - no tricks.
Projects we work on include:
- Fine tuning the architecture or backend services for listing publish flow
- Use smart personalization techniques to help with conversion
- Assist hosts in getting the first booking on a home
- Use modeling to determine the optimal bid price for an ad provider
- Build sophisticated infrastructure to support ingestion of high spend data from ads providers
Relevant experience might include:
- Ruby on Rails experience in production environments
- Past experience and/or strong passion in building global websites and apps
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Experience building large-scale ad tools.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top