Software Engineer, Experimentation Platform
Experimentation at Airbnb:
We develop tools that help every employee at Airbnb make data-driven decisions. Every team at Airbnb—product, operations, customer support, and leadership—relies on the data we collect about user behaviors and needs to make impactful decisions. Our toolchain democratizes access to data for everyone and makes it easy and painless to run A/B tests to establish cause and effect.
Our work is high-leverage: it makes the entire company, particularly the product organization, able to iterate faster and make changes that accelerate business growth. You will have visibility into every other team. Great candidates thrive at the intersection of Software Engineering and Data Science and are motivated to help Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Software Engineers make data-driven decisions.
What are some examples of work done at Airbnb?
Experiment Reporting Framework: Our homegrown A/B testing platform, which automates experiment setup, assignment, and analysis, and displays experiment results in a way that makes decision-making easy and fast. A/B testing is the building block of decision-making on Airbnb's product team.
Blog post: http://nerds.airbnb.com/experiment-reporting-framework/
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Building A/B testing tools that allow engineers and product managers to deploy experiments and analyze their results
- Leveraging data infrastructure and distributed systems to answer questions
- Identifying internal information needs and addressing them by creating novel tools
- Working with data at scale, specifically with distributed systems
- Background in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or other quantitative related field is preferred
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top