Software Engineer, Experiences
Join our Experiences Team:
Airbnb Trips launched in November 2016 with the ambitious goal of taking Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform. By expanding Airbnb’s product offerings and making it easy to plan an entire trip in a single space, our goal is to make Airbnb the only travel platform our guests will ever need. The Experiences team plays a crucial role in realizing this mission
Travel today can be impersonal, mass-produced, and difficult to plan -- Experiences will make travel magical again by immersing travelers in communities around the world and making it easy to travel authentically. Experiences are handcrafted activities designed and led by local hosts. Hosts give travelers unique, unprecedented access and deep insights to places and passions in their city. The team owns the product holistically, driving all development including search ranking, growth, booking conversion, host acquisition, hosts tools, and host education.
We’ve already seen tremendous growth, but we are still very early in our journey. We’re looking for strong, collaborative, entrepreneurial engineers to set an early foundation for the Experiences team. If you’re interested in making significant impact on our product and are passionate about redefining the future of travel, this team is for you.
What kinds of challenges are Experiences engineers working on in 2018?
- Drive demand through improving top of funnel awareness, product comprehension, and booking conversion
- Make significant strides in Experience search by building foundation for search backend architecture, ranking, and product features.
- Improve supply acquisition efficiency to help scale Experiences globally to hundreds of cities
- Build host products to enable host success and uplevel offline quality
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in engineering
- We’re looking for:
- iOS and Android engineers
- Fullstack engineers (React, React Native, CSS, Ruby/Python)
- Backend engineers (experience building systems in Java or C++ preferred)
- Relevance engineers (experience building and implementing ML models in high-scale production environments)
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Back to top