Software Engineer, Developer Infrastructure
Developer Infrastructure at Airbnb:
Developer Infrastructure is a newly formed team that is responsible for the tools, systems and infrastructure that allow us to scale the number of engineers working on our codebase, all while maintaining high levels of code quality, and engineering productivity.
We’re a highly cross-functional team and own the entire development process at Airbnb. We do everything from setting the development standards by which other teams abide, to creating shared libraries and frameworks, to helping other teams get their code to production as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
One of our biggest projects is to enable continuous integration at scale. We deeply believe that every engineer in the company should be able to quickly ship their own code whenever it’s ready. We’re creating the infrastructure that enables us to deploy thousands of times a day while still guaranteeing the stability of our system.
Our team is impactful and high-leverage: it makes the entire engineering organization more productive. You will have visibility into every other engineering team and their systems, and you'll engage in helping and mentoring them.
There is a strong likelihood of open sourcing & recognition via blog posting. Since you would be an early member of the team, there is potential for technical leadership. Our work has lightning fast feedback and iteration cycles, since your users are all around you. Maybe the best part: you get to put a smile on faces daily.
What are examples of work that Developer Infrastructure engineers have done at Airbnb?
- Deployboard, our user interface for shipping code to production where engineers deploy more than 10-15 times each day.
- Unified code search across all repositories for fast and efficient research and inspection.
- A Vagrant-based developer environment deployed for all engineers at Airbnb.
- Interfaces for system access control that adhere to compliance and regulatory needs.
- A web application for incident and post-mortem management for the production cloud environment.
- Metrics dashboards… everywhere!
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- Full stack engineering experience, with strong system fundamentals
- Ability to create effective user interfaces, either command line or graphical
- Development environments
- Experience with the test, build, release engineering cycle
- Continuous integration environments
- Able to produce excellent documentation
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top