Software Engineer, Data Applications, Homes
What is Homes at Airbnb?
Whenever anyone thinks of Airbnb, the first thing that comes to mind is Homes. Homes is Airbnb’s core business and we work on everything from driving improvements to the Guest and Host experience to launching new initiatives from the ground up. Within Homes engineering, you can have significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products and users. Whether you are working on one of our big bets such as guest loyalty or personalization, improving our tools for guests and hosts around the world, or working on a new business such as Airbnb for Work or Airbnb Plus, you will be on a small team designed to maximize your ability to deliver results. If you are motivated by how much visibility your work has, how much it impacts the company's bottom line, how many users see your work, or how it will impact your career growth, Homes is a great place to launch your Airbnb career.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
What is Data Applications at Airbnb?
Data applications are critical to Airbnb's success, powering many aspects of our marketplace and supporting products. We are looking for software engineers who will build data applications to solve product problems. In this role, you’ll partner closely with our data scientists and machine learning engineers to create the technology that generates and transforms data into applications, insights and experiences for our users.
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data processing systems to drive Airbnb business growth and improve the product experience
- Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval, and optimize the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements
- Build scalable data pipelines on top of Hive and Spark leveraging Airflow scheduler/executor framework
- Build and rewrite existing data pipelines using Spark/Scala to improve efficiency and latency
- Transform our data architecture for massive scale and high performance
- Improve data quality and through anomaly detection by building and working with internal tools to measure data and automatically detect changes
- Data Modeling and improving our existing data models for analytics
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies, provide data insights, and advance effective product solutions
- Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.
Back to top