Software Engineer, Data Applications, Experiences
Airbnb Experiences launched in November 2016 with the goal of taking Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform. By expanding Airbnb’s product offerings and making it easy to plan an entire trip in a single space, our goal is to make Airbnb the only travel platform our guests need for their travels. The Experiences team plays a crucial role in realizing this mission.
Travel today can be impersonal, mass-produced, and difficult to plan -- Experiences will make travel magical again by immersing travelers in communities around the world and making it easy to travel authentically. Experiences are handcrafted activities designed and led by local hosts. Hosts give travelers unique, unprecedented access and deep insights to places and passions in their city.
We’ve already seen growth, but we are still very early in our journey. We’re looking for collaborative, entrepreneurial engineers to set an early foundation for the Experiences team. If you’re interested in making significant impact on our product and are passionate about redefining the future of travel, this team is for you.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging data problems, including:
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data processing systems to drive Airbnb Experiences business growth and improve the product experience.
- Design and develop new logging and analytics systems including redesigning logging across web and mobile clients, attribution pipelines, user life cycle understanding, user segmentation and etc.
- Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval, and optimize the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Build scalable data pipelines on top of Hive and Spark leveraging Airflow scheduler/executor framework.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies, provide data insights, and advance effective product solutions
- Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Preferred, but not required:
- Proven ability to think critically about team direction and use analysis to inform that
- Experience using machine learning
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Back to top