Software Engineer, China SF
- San Francisco, CA
Airbnb China is one of the four major business units of Airbnb. We exist to provide Chinese guests with unique travel experiences and help them belong anywhere. At the same time, the market is rapidly growing and expected to encompass a large portion of our user base.
China is also an unique market and has posed many interesting challenges to us. The typical user is heavily skewed towards using our mobile apps, making your work all the more impactful.
The China verification team is responsible for providing tools and technology solutions to make sure that both our users as well as our listings are verified. For users, we build identity verification flows that leverages facial recognition technology to confirm our user’s identity. For listings, we use computer vision and natural language processing models to ensure high quality and accuracy of the photos and content submitted by our hosts.
We are looking for full stack engineers who have a great understanding of the entire system. From backend API to frontend clients, you are expected to learn new technology, identify the problem and come up with a solution to the best of your knowledge. You will also be working as an engineering ambassador with teammates from other functions such as operations, legal, marketing etc.
- 2+ years of industry experience building large-scale backend systems
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Ability to write high performance production quality code
- Experience and interest in working with other engineers and cross functional partners in product and design to build a world class online and offline product
- Prior experience in machine learning is a plus.
Along with the unique China team perk of amazing offsites to China and other parts of Asia, we have:
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more…
Back to top