Software Engineer, China (SF)
About The Team
China is an important part of our Airbnb global community and the travel network we built globally has positioned us to provide Chinese guests with unique travel experiences and help them belong anywhere. In the meantime, China is also an unique market and has posed many interesting challenges to us.
The China (SF) team is now looking for talented Software Engineers to solve these challenges with us. As an engineer, you will be involved in every stage of the product life cycle and exposed to a wide range of technologies including big data, distributed systems and machine learning. We are focusing on three different areas:
- Infrastructures and backend services to create a robust and fast feedback loop to adapt our product according to the needs of Chinese customers. The team will build and maintain big data infrastructures and pipelines to ensure a smooth end-to-end dataflow, improve site speed and tools for China engineers and create new products/systems that take advantage of data we collected to improve user experience for Chinese users.
- Scalable and robust systems to detect and mitigate fraud in China. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and real-time risk detection services in close collaboration with product, data science and operations teams to understand ever evolving attack vectors and to keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community.
- Tools and services to empower local customer support agents and bring high-touch customer support to Chinese users. Engineers in this track own the end to end user experience when customers need help. Not only do we build tools to improve agent efficiency, but also build product for users to get issues resolved easily.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code both on the frontend and backend.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL).
- Strong scripting ability in Ruby / Python / Bash.
- Experience with Java / Scala is preferred.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Experience with open source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark is a plus.
- Experience with data at petabyte scale or Machine learning is a plus.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Back to top