Software Engineer, China Growth
About The Team
In China, international travel spend is already greater than the US and growing much more quickly. Airbnb views China as a highly strategic market, and believes that the travel network we have built globally in years has best positioned us to provide Chinese guests with unique travel experiences and help them belong anywhere. The hugely different cultural expectations and internet environment (e.g., no facebook/google sign up), combined with the strategic importance, have led to the investment of a dedicated China team. The team builds products that deeply integrate with local norms (e.g., allow WeChat sign in / sharing, payment with Alipay, etc.) and culturally make sense to Chinese users (e.g., redesign China specific product flows to better serve Chinese users) in order to accelerate our growth rate in China and get the compounding growth effect as large as possible, as soon as possible.
We are looking for engineers with:
- Great passion for China markets.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product improvements.
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code both on the frontend and backend.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices.
- Proactiveness, good communication skill, and fast learning skill.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top