Software Engineer, Android (China)
About The Team
In China, international travel spend is already greater than the US and growing much more quickly. China is an important part of our Airbnb global community and the travel network we have built globally has positioned us to provide Chinese guests with unique travel experiences and help them belong anywhere.
The Beijing engineering team will help to build a strong and fast feedback loop to adapt our product according to local needs. The team will improve the site/app speed and experience for Chinese users, localize the existing product to deeply integrate with local norms (e.g., allow WeChat sign in / sharing, payment with Alipay, etc.) and build new products that culturally make sense to Chinese users.
We’re looking for Android engineers who are thoughtful, responsible and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in mobile development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and is excited to learn about and contribute to the server side. We believe that great product people use lots of products, so if you’re an active user of Airbnb, we are listening.
We are looking for Android engineers with:
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available in an app store.
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense.
- Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done quickly.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product improvements.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Proactiveness, good communication and fast learning.
- Interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows at Airbnb.
- Working proficiency in English and Mandarin required.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top