Airbnb is building an engineering hub in Paris for its host management entity, Luckey. As part of the Professional Host team, you will have significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products and millions of users.
Whenever anyone thinks of Airbnb, the first thing that comes to mind is Homes. Homes is Airbnb’s core business, and Homes managed by Professional Hosts are an integral part of that. On the Professional Host team here at Airbnb we work to enable stays in Homes and spaces that are typically managed by those hospitality professionals. Our team is working on a new project to make it seamless for everyone to host on Airbnb and empower a million hospitality entrepreneurs to grow.
We are very early in our journey so we are looking for collaborative and entrepreneurial engineers who like building projects from the ground up.
We value people who want to build for the long term, with a strong sense of teamwork and solid technical skills.
We are using the latest front-end technologies (ReactJS, GraphQL, Progressive Web Apps, Server Side Rendering) on a solid backend stack (Java, Thrift, Service Oriented Architecture, AWS).
We are hiring for several software engineers positions considering engineers across all levels of experience, and we are looking for Full-stack, Backend and Front end Engineers.
- Backend: Building high-scale Java APIs into a Service Oriented Architecture to support the new tools we are building, integrating with other Airbnb APIs
- Frontend: Building Progressive Web Apps from scratch in order to bring these tools to entrepreneurs all around the world and exploring new front-end technologies
- Refine features with our Product Team, finding the best tech and product trade-offs
- Iterative development using the agile sprint process
- Maintaining a high quality bar through best practices (A/B testing, feature toggling, review workflow, CI, pentesting…)
- Demonstrating design and UX sensibilities to meet Airbnb standards
- Collaborating within a team of 10-15 engineers in Paris, and 60 engineers in San Francisco
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in engineering, preferably in CS or equivalent experience.
- Backend: Proficiency in one or more backend server language (Ruby/Python/Java/Go/C++/etc.), and expertise in popular storage systems such as relational databases, noSQL and caching.
- Frontend: Proficiency using HTML/CSS/JS and modern web frameworks, and awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Experience with designing and building large scale production applications or features.
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, tech
- Independent, dedicated, and able to deliver ‘production ready’ code with minimal guidance
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end: from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing
- Competitive salary
- Free travel credit for Airbnb
- Lunch meal card
- Commuter Subsidies
- Macbook Pro
- Frequent team Lunch
- Tech meetups
- Trips to San Francisco and much more!
***Please submit your resume and cover letter in English***
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Back to top